An essential diagnostic tool for general practitioners, specialists and paediatricians. The stethoscope is a diagnostic tool for auscultating the patient.
The stethoscope is generally recommended for the following auscultations :
- Cardiac diagnostics : the stethoscope is used to detect systolic or diastolic murmurs and pathological noises.
- Vascular diagnostics : to detect stenoses and aneurysms.
- Pulmonary diagnostics : to examine for vesicular murmur abnormalities and pathological sounds.
- Abdominal diagnostics : for the detection of hydro-aerobic sound irregularities related to bowel obstruction or paralysis.
The components of a stethoscope :
Most stethoscopes are composed of the same features including :
- One or more chest-pieces : the chest-piece allows the sound waves to be received. The double chest-piece offers a higher quality sound and is therefore a top-of-the-range model.
- A single or double tube : the quality and thickness of the material is crucial for good sound quality. The double tube offers better sound insulation.
- A lyre : this has a sound wave amplification function. The material and the diameter of the lyre are two important elements for a good listening quality.
Our range of stethoscopes :
This device consists of two chest-pieces, a small one for listening to low frequency sounds and a large one for listening to high frequency sounds. With the introduction of the dual frequency diaphragm, it is possible to listen to both low and high frequency sounds at the same time.
To listen to a specific type of frequency, it is sufficient to alter the pressure of each horn. For example, with a low pressure you can listen to low frequency sounds and with a high pressure you can listen to high frequencies.
Double bell stethoscopes are ideal for healthcare professionals who want to equip themselves with a high-end device, suitable for all types of patients.
Electronic stethoscopes :
The heart rate can usually be displayed on an LCD screen. Some models can record auscultation sounds for later playback.
These devices are equipped with Bluetooth technology that can transfer the collected data to a computer or smartphone.